Most popular Games
The House 2
Slender The Nine P…
Slender Man 2D: Sa…
The Horror House
Escape The House O…
Slender Winter Edi…
Silent Hill Room 3…
Slenderman Must Di…
Slender Mystery Fo…
Slender Man 3D
The Lost Souls
Real Horror Storie…
Death Embrace Esca…
Five Nights At Fre…
Welcome to DarkHorrorGames (DHG) Online Games
DarkHorrorGames is a website devoted only to horror online games. We don't care about zombies or monsters unless they bring in the atmosphere of pure evil and a sticky sense of blood and absolute horror. Online games will give you a glimpse at what older rated console games are like.
So, what does make a horror game scary?
Online horror games are slightly more popular now because they are severely underserved in the PC and games console world. Horror games are almost none existent, since most horror premises are co-opted into action games. Apparently, hunting down aliens or genetic mutations is no longer a subject for scary games, and is just used as an excuse for another action game. There have been some scary games in the past. Silent Hill 1 and 2 were frightening, as were the early Resident Evil games, with Resident Evil 4 winning all the prizes. Dead Space has its moments, as does Manhunt.
What is so scary about horror games?
With games like Manhunt, it is probably the sheer violence. With Slender (the 3D versions), it is the creepy feeling of being followed. With the Resident evil games, it is the silent arena that makes those scary moments more shocking. Plus, most of the Resident evil games put you against increasingly difficult foes with increasingly less ammo.
Silent hill 1 and 2 were the scariest, due in part to the difficult the handle controls, the feeling of isolation, the very scary noises and music, and the general lack of visibility. Other games have tried to recreate this by not allowing the user to see the floor, but it does not recreate what Silent Hill 1 and 2 managed to achieve.
Are scary online games hit or miss?
Yes they are. But, it always seems to be the ones that show you too much that are the biggest losers. Even with a point-and-click game, if you are only shown a quick flash of possible something, then it is better than the severed head in the paper basket. The popup scary pranks in the games are okay, but they become tired for the more hardcore horror gamer. It is the ones that tease you more that are the best, such as if you click on a photo to have a closer look, and you think you see the little girl in the picture blink.
WARNING: Some images in games on this website might be disturbing for you. Yet, there is no risk or personal/emotional investment, so if you see something that you don't like, simply close the window.
UPDATE: Due to the increased interest in the escape games I decided to initiate a new project entitled Cool Escape Games, which contains not only horror but also all other types of escape games, such as house, prison and room escape
Dark Horror Comments
- LordDark commented on Slender Mystery Forest : perfect,just lag n the sound when slenderman spawns is ...
- LordDark commented on The Cursed Forest : y-axis and x-axis at begin...dont forget to change
- monster commented on Black Rose : i complete this game!
- Lizbeth commented on Evil Doll : She killed me almost in morning, i dont understand this at all
- LordDark commented on Hide And Seek : this game should be named i kill you or die n not hide^
- LordDark commented on Slenderman Must Die: Dead Space : all perfect,just would be nice when slender can teleport
- LordDark commented on Midnight Man 3D : theres a walktrough on u tube,check it out
- Lizbeth commented on Curse Village Defense : I like this game :D
- serialzero commented on Antumbra : The only thing I don't like about this game is that there are no save states. XD
- Pyramid Head commented on Ghostscape 3D : Game looks great on top of being neat. It's a very simple and easy point-and-click game unlike other games where you get stuck 2 hours later because nothing makes sense anymore. I'm very fond of the blue atmosphere as well as the flying crows in the interface. The visuals inside the house are typical of the ghostscape series : strong and accurate. The developer really takes his/her time by making full use of the horror clichés to bring a whole new atmosphere to the scary game experience.
- LordDark commented on Slender Bones Of Children 2 : verrrry like it.
- monster commented on Eyes : i scated this game ?!
- scary_kid commented on Antumbra : @dark seems it works normally now :))))
- LordDark commented on Antumbra : easy-peasy
- dark commented on Antumbra : @scary_kid maybe it works not, if not, I will have to remove it...
- dark commented on Antumbra : @scary_kid I'll take a look into that immediately
- scary_kid commented on Antumbra : It redirected me to another website after few minutes of playing??? o.O why?
- LordDark commented on Slender Winter Edition : slenderman winter edition as santa ^-meh
- LordDark commented on Fingerbones : good i like thy too
- LordDark commented on Slender The Nine Pages : very good game 5/5
- dark commented on Sacrificium : @LordDark yeah its weird game and rather old, but not bad all
- LordDark commented on Sacrificium : not bad not bad
- GO TO SLEEP commented on The House 2 : nothing...but the heart attacks ._.
- scary_kid commented on Curse Village Defense : 10 seconds of loading for me :D
- LordDark commented on Slendytubbies 2 : pretty good game!
- Scientist commented on Undead Isle : Did anyone miss the slendy easter egg?
- scary_kid commented on Five Nights At Freddy's 3 : I love this game! Even better than the 1st and the 2nd part!!
- Scientist commented on Minotaur Maze : pretty good music and game but my only critic is that it is not possible to have a name in multiplayer that doesn't start with G and that you can't be faster than the minotaur.
- cute_but_scary commented on The Cursed Forest : really @ miss_choco :P
- DarkAvalach commented on Sacrificium : Ending A: Go through door A. Ending B: Go through door B