Most popular Games
Slender The Nine P…
The House 2
The Slenderman Onl…
Slender Man 2D: Sa…
Escape The House O…
The Horror House
Slender Winter Edi…
Silent Hill Room 3…
Slenderman Must Di…
Slender Man 3D
The Lost Souls
Slender Mystery Fo…
Real Horror Storie…
Death Embrace Esca…
Welcome to DarkHorrorGames (DHG) Online Games
DarkHorrorGames is a website devoted only to horror online games. We don't care about zombies or monsters unless they bring in the atmosphere of pure evil and a sticky sense of blood and absolute horror. Online games will give you a glimpse at what older rated console games are like.
So, what does make a horror game scary?
Online horror games are slightly more popular now because they are severely underserved in the PC and games console world. Horror games are almost none existent, since most horror premises are co-opted into action games. Apparently, hunting down aliens or genetic mutations is no longer a subject for scary games, and is just used as an excuse for another action game. There have been some scary games in the past. Silent Hill 1 and 2 were frightening, as were the early Resident Evil games, with Resident Evil 4 winning all the prizes. Dead Space has its moments, as does Manhunt.
What is so scary about horror games?
With games like Manhunt, it is probably the sheer violence. With Slender (the 3D versions), it is the creepy feeling of being followed. With the Resident evil games, it is the silent arena that makes those scary moments more shocking. Plus, most of the Resident evil games put you against increasingly difficult foes with increasingly less ammo.
Silent hill 1 and 2 were the scariest, due in part to the difficult the handle controls, the feeling of isolation, the very scary noises and music, and the general lack of visibility. Other games have tried to recreate this by not allowing the user to see the floor, but it does not recreate what Silent Hill 1 and 2 managed to achieve.
Are scary online games hit or miss?
Yes they are. But, it always seems to be the ones that show you too much that are the biggest losers. Even with a point-and-click game, if you are only shown a quick flash of possible something, then it is better than the severed head in the paper basket. The popup scary pranks in the games are okay, but they become tired for the more hardcore horror gamer. It is the ones that tease you more that are the best, such as if you click on a photo to have a closer look, and you think you see the little girl in the picture blink.
WARNING: Some images in games on this website might be disturbing for you. Yet, there is no risk or personal/emotional investment, so if you see something that you don't like, simply close the window.
UPDATE: Due to the increased interest in the escape games I decided to initiate a new project entitled Cool Escape Games, which contains not only horror but also all other types of escape games, such as house, prison and room escape
Dark Horror Comments
- Miss_Choco commented on Don't Escape : Everyone!Don't escape 2 is out.:D
- Miss_Choco commented on Anonymous Messages : Nice game.
- Miss_Choco commented on Anonymous Messages : Trees.
- serialzero commented on Slender Mystery Camp 3D : LOL. Geez, why did I recommend this game? What was I thinking? I guess I figured, "Hey, another Slenderman game. It can't be too bad, right? How could anyone possible screw this formula up?" Then I actually played it through to the end, and hoo boy. Was I wrong. XD
- scary_kid commented on Urbex : well, pretty good, I'd say...
- scary_kid commented on Purgatorium : tooo short, but good
- scary_kid commented on Slender Mystery Forest : It's pretty much hard to navigate it on my laptop , I can't look right, left without scrolling the entire page...
- scary_kid commented on Slender Mystery Camp 3D : There is one rock where u can climb up but the end is same, U can stay there forever, or let him kill U :D
- scary_kid commented on Slender Mystery Camp 3D : lolz, yeah, everytime I let him kill me because I'm sick and tired hiding from him, seems that's the only way to finish this game @serialzero ...
- serialzero commented on Slender Mystery Camp 3D : Well, I searched through a few different LP's, because this was driving me nuts, and it looks like that really is how you finish it. You're supposed to collect the pages, then die. The end. >_>
- serialzero commented on Slender Mystery Camp 3D : @scary_kid... Yeah, eventually I got so tired of trying to find something that worked, that I just let him kill me. When it says, "You found all eight pages, but you cannot hide!", I'm not sure if that means there's no way to win the game, or if it goes along with the theory you had that you're supposed to find a hiding spot or a secret exit somewhere. -_-
- serialzero commented on Slenderman Daybreak : Having the exact same problem. I'm starting to doubt the eight page even exists. I went down every row, checked every alley, and even tried to see if they hid it in one of the outer alleys to be a jerk, but I found nothing, nada, zip. I must have spent half a friggin' hour just carefully combing every inch of that stupid place. XP
- scary_kid commented on Slenderman Daybreak : I can't find the 8th page, I checked every corner, where is it? :(
- scary_kid commented on Slender Mystery Camp 3D : There is something about the rocky hills, I've tried to hide there, U can actually climb a bit on them pressin' the "space" button but I'm not sure is it helpful at all.
- scary_kid commented on Slender Mystery Camp 3D : Yep, same here :D i checked out every corner of this game and nothing ... Can't figure it out , will try one more time to see is Slenderman sick and tired of chasing me around the camp or not :D
- serialzero commented on Slender Mystery Camp 3D : Tried it again. Found all eight pages. Went back around to every environmental object and touched each one to see if anything happened. Went completely around the outside to try and find an exit of some sort. Nothing. -_-
- serialzero commented on Slenderman Must Die: Dead Space : @cute_but_scary... It's Fluttershy, isn't it? Kind of hard to tell from the darkened graphics, but it looks like her from the hair and the wings.
- serialzero commented on Slender Mystery Camp 3D : I see I'm not the only person who had trouble figuring out what the heck to do after collecting all eight pages. That makes me feel a little better, LOL. XD
- Miss_Choco commented on Slender Mystery Camp 3D : @Dark,I'm requesting you to submit a slender man game named Slender the cursed forest.It's a multiplayer online game.
- Miss_Choco commented on Slender Mystery Camp 3D : His arms are gross.
- scary_kid commented on Slender Bones Of Children 2 : I just hate this view..
- scary_kid commented on Slender Mystery Camp 3D : I've noticed that I can climb on the rocks but he can find me anywhere... :(
- scary_kid commented on Slender Mystery Camp 3D : lol, at the end, I need to hide... where? :D aywhere?
- scary_kid commented on Slender Mystery Camp 3D : OOPs!! It's scary ... Jumpscares everywhere I tought i's gonna be easy to collect all 8 pages :D
- Miss_Choco commented on Slenderman Must Die: Dead Space : Okay the the day mode made me laugh to death.But also shocked me the 3 slender men.
- Miss_Choco commented on Slenderman Must Die: Dead Space : How about Chapter 3?My most favorite.No bloods,no dead body.But jumpy and scary.
- Miss_Choco commented on Slenderman Must Die: Dead Space : Sorry I'm super late for the comment.
- Miss_Choco commented on Slenderman Must Die: Dead Space : @cute_but_scary,my little pony?
- Miss_Choco commented on Eyes : One more thing,if my methods don't work,don't be mad at me.'Cause I beat this game on that way.
- Miss_Choco commented on Eyes : 1.first go to the upstairs and collect money bags. 2.Then go to basement and then ground floor. 3.Don't use Ghost vision!(If you have no choice,you can use.But only one. 4.Try to walk by the doors. 5.Use headphone in medium volume.Try to hear and understand everything.