Most Popular Horror Games
The House 2
Slender The 8 Page…
Slender The Nine P…
The Horror House
Slender Man 2D: Sa…
Escape The House O…
Silent Hill Room 3…
Slender Winter Edi…
The Cursed Forest
Slender The Arriva…
Slenderman Must Di…
The Lost Souls
Five Nights At Fre…
Slender Mystery Fo…
Real Horror Storie…
Five Nights At Fre…
Welcome to DarkHorrorGames (DHG) Online Games
DarkHorrorGames is a website devoted only to horror online games. We don't care about zombies or monsters unless they bring in the atmosphere of pure evil and a sticky sense of blood and absolute horror. Online games will give you a glimpse at what older rated console games are like.
So, what does make a horror game scary?
Online horror games are slightly more popular now because they are severely underserved in the PC and games console world. Horror games are almost none existent, since most horror premises are co-opted into action games. Apparently, hunting down aliens or genetic mutations is no longer a subject for scary games, and is just used as an excuse for another action game. There have been some scary games in the past. Silent Hill 1 and 2 were frightening, as were the early Resident Evil games, with Resident Evil 4 winning all the prizes. Dead Space has its moments, as does Manhunt.
What is so scary about horror games?
With games like Manhunt, it is probably the sheer violence. With Slender (the 3D versions), it is the creepy feeling of being followed. With the Resident evil games, it is the silent arena that makes those scary moments more shocking. Plus, most of the Resident evil games put you against increasingly difficult foes with increasingly less ammo.
Silent hill 1 and 2 were the scariest, due in part to the difficult the handle controls, the feeling of isolation, the very scary noises and music, and the general lack of visibility. Other games have tried to recreate this by not allowing the user to see the floor, but it does not recreate what Silent Hill 1 and 2 managed to achieve.
Are scary online games hit or miss?
Yes they are. But, it always seems to be the ones that show you too much that are the biggest losers. Even with a point-and-click game, if you are only shown a quick flash of possible something, then it is better than the severed head in the paper basket. The popup scary pranks in the games are okay, but they become tired for the more hardcore horror gamer. It is the ones that tease you more that are the best, such as if you click on a photo to have a closer look, and you think you see the little girl in the picture blink.
WARNING: Some images in games on this website might be disturbing for you. Yet, there is no risk or personal/emotional investment, so if you see something that you don't like, simply close the window.
UPDATE: Due to the increased interest in the escape games I decided to initiate a new project entitled Cool Escape Games, which contains not only horror but also all other types of escape games, such as house, prison and room escape
Play @ schools: Because schools are blocking access to flash gaming sites I decided to start experiment project with https: Unblocked Games - central, which hopefully avoids school servers restrictions
Dark Horror Comments
- SpoopzMasterPinky commented on Being One: Episode 5 - The Infection : i have been one for 5 god damn times
- SpoopzMasterPinky commented on Alice is Dead - Part 2 - Point and click horror game : it's preety neat
- SpoopzMasterPinky commented on Alice is Dead - Part 2 - Point and click horror game : ALICE JUST DIES OVER AND OVER AGAIN
- SpoopzMasterPinky commented on Antumbra : THIS IS AWSUM!!!
- xCess commented on I miss you 2 : how can i play this game? where should i start?
- Sisi47 commented on Forgotten Hill Surgery - Run Away : honestly, it's not scary, it's just weird
- GoldwingsWorld commented on Unholy Flesh : My Flash Player works and i'm using windows 7
- dark commented on Skinwalker - RPG Horror : slow at first, but generally interesting little horror game. must download though
- joomwalkies commented on Hells Dungeon - Escape From The Cage Horror Game : this game sucks
- xCess commented on The House 2 : this game is so fucking fuck
- cordelia commented on Dreamgate Escape - Trip To Reality : This is such a good one! I like the creepy background music too.
- SpoopzMasterPinky commented on The Mine : BAM BAM BAAAAM!
- Diamond Dazzle Tiara commented on Nekra Psaria 1 - Bizzare PnC Game : this looks like some old cartoon game x'D
- scary_kid commented on Secret of Mystery House 3: The Bastien Curse : damn glitch ... I almost had all the voodoo dolls collected :'( lol
- cordelia commented on Saw 4 The Game : *lol
- cordelia commented on Saw 4 The Game : That was cool! I love the Saw movies. Quite a bit of trial and error there lo.
- SpoopzMasterPinky commented on Five Nights At Warrio's : just flash every light.close dorr when someone is there.boom. GAAAAAMEPLAAAYY
- SpoopzMasterPinky commented on Power Drill Massacre : dude,i played the playstation times of this WITHOUGHT a youtube channel.Now i just streamed this game and it still scares the shet out of me.i thoughed it wasnt scary and i was a pucc for getting scared. JUST LIKE THE HOUSE 2!!!
- SpoopzMasterPinky commented on Slender Space : Mark stole another game from yamimash!:)
- SpoopzMasterPinky commented on Amea - Post-apocalyptic Adventure : OMG!!!AMAZING!!!RPG!!
- SpoopzMasterPinky commented on Haunted Hospital - Kogama 3D Multiplayer Game : kongrama,3d, multiplayer,coo. party.
- cordelia commented on Dream Eater - Pixelated Mystery : This one got old for me pretty quick. I like the sfx and the pixel art though. It's got a cool atmosphere!
- cordelia commented on Desolation 2 - The Bunker of Fear : I didn't find it all that interesting overall, but I thought the background music was pretty cool!
- cordelia commented on Scary Maze Game : I wish this was a game you could actually beat.
- cordelia commented on Desolation - Stages Of Anxiety : I love the concept, but the controls drove me crazy! I kept getting turned around trying to figure out the map. :p
- cordelia commented on Exmortis 3 Free Edition : Maybe the full game is better, but I just couldn't get into it. :/
- cordelia commented on Forgotten Hill Surgery - Run Away : Buuut the ending wasn't all that interesting imo.
- cordelia commented on Forgotten Hill Surgery - Run Away : I liked that one a lot! The puzzles were really satisfying. :)
- scary_kid commented on Nekra Psaria 1 - Bizzare PnC Game : fun game :)
- SpoopzMasterPinky commented on Dungeon Nightmares : THAT'S MARKIMOO!!