Most popular Games
Slender The Nine P…
The House 2
The Slenderman Onl…
Escape The House O…
Slender Man 2D: Sa…
Silent Hill Room 3…
The Horror House
Slender Winter Edi…
The Lost Souls
Slender Man 3D
Slenderman Must Di…
Real Horror Storie…
Slender Mystery Fo…
Death Embrace Esca…
Welcome to DarkHorrorGames (DHG) Online Games
DarkHorrorGames is a website devoted only to horror online games. We don't care about zombies or monsters unless they bring in the atmosphere of pure evil and a sticky sense of blood and absolute horror. Online games will give you a glimpse at what older rated console games are like.
So, what does make a horror game scary?
Online horror games are slightly more popular now because they are severely underserved in the PC and games console world. Horror games are almost none existent, since most horror premises are co-opted into action games. Apparently, hunting down aliens or genetic mutations is no longer a subject for scary games, and is just used as an excuse for another action game. There have been some scary games in the past. Silent Hill 1 and 2 were frightening, as were the early Resident Evil games, with Resident Evil 4 winning all the prizes. Dead Space has its moments, as does Manhunt.
What is so scary about horror games?
With games like Manhunt, it is probably the sheer violence. With Slender (the 3D versions), it is the creepy feeling of being followed. With the Resident evil games, it is the silent arena that makes those scary moments more shocking. Plus, most of the Resident evil games put you against increasingly difficult foes with increasingly less ammo.
Silent hill 1 and 2 were the scariest, due in part to the difficult the handle controls, the feeling of isolation, the very scary noises and music, and the general lack of visibility. Other games have tried to recreate this by not allowing the user to see the floor, but it does not recreate what Silent Hill 1 and 2 managed to achieve.
Are scary online games hit or miss?
Yes they are. But, it always seems to be the ones that show you too much that are the biggest losers. Even with a point-and-click game, if you are only shown a quick flash of possible something, then it is better than the severed head in the paper basket. The popup scary pranks in the games are okay, but they become tired for the more hardcore horror gamer. It is the ones that tease you more that are the best, such as if you click on a photo to have a closer look, and you think you see the little girl in the picture blink.
WARNING: Some images in games on this website might be disturbing for you. Yet, there is no risk or personal/emotional investment, so if you see something that you don't like, simply close the window.
UPDATE: Due to the increased interest in the escape games I decided to initiate a new project entitled Cool Escape Games, which contains not only horror but also all other types of escape games, such as house, prison and room escape
Dark Horror Comments
- ElizaSilver commented on Silent Hill Room 304 : I dont know what to say... It was certainly depressing
- Scarecrow commented on Lonely Asylum : I found this one a wee bit boring.
- Scarecrow commented on Don't Escape : The game was okay.
- Scarecrow commented on Dark Corners : Loved it!
- cute_but_scary commented on Dark Corners : THEM jumscares :) :(
- cute_but_scary commented on Dark Corners : DAMN SCARY !!!!!!!!!!!!! Xp
- agentmaine6 commented on Slender The Nine Pages : almost had it
- agentmaine6 commented on Slenderman Torture Chambers : what....the....fuck
- agentmaine6 commented on Slender Space : maps a little big and not as enclosed in the other one still good and cant wait till co-op
- cute_but_scary commented on Dark Corners : i've never played this game before. i think it would be fun to play this :) it seems soo scary
- Lord Legender commented on Kill Slender 2D : i hate how i get 8 bullets, then i shoot him 8 times and it counts as 1, I KEEP MISSING!
- Scarecrow commented on Urbex : I didn't like this one so much.
- Scarecrow commented on Anonymous Messages : A bit laggy, but a good game overall.
- mishimazeus commented on Shadow Tag : so Hard in Level 3
- Lord Legender commented on The Mine : This game has pretty bad graphics, and the zombies are really slow. Also a few tips, since the zombies are really slow, don't use your flash light until at least the 4th floor.
- Lord Legender commented on Slendytubbies 2 : About when it was halfway done loading(which took a few minutes)it said "error".
- Lord Legender commented on Anonymous Messages : A good story,but laggy and the controls are bad.
- mishimazeus commented on Slender Bones Of Children 2 : He Scared Me Much HUHU T_T
- mishimazeus commented on Slender Bones Of Children 2 : What i Suppost to do with this game guys
- mishimazeus commented on Killer Escape 3 : This game is so easy
- mishimazeus commented on The Mine : hi guysss
- cute_but_scary commented on The Deepest Sleep : do you want to see comics like ghost in masung tunnel
- Entire Skys commented on The House 2 : Fuck this shit! Lol Too scery
- Entire Skys commented on Slender The Nine Pages : Love it :)
- tay_G commented on Killer Escape 3 : easy peasy!!
- tay_G commented on The Grudge : holy shit!!!! I don't have the guts to even to even try to finish it. It's too scary for me...
- Entire Skys commented on Anonymous Messages : Laggy
- Entire Skys commented on Slenderman Must Die : GG :)
- RizeZombie commented on Killer Escape : So, I just joined this site today and this is my first choice to play. I'll give feed back once done. So far from watching the added clips and doing "a bit" of research on the game I think this will be a clench teeth game, I hope it's scary.
- cute_but_scary commented on Slenderman Must Die: Dead Space : i am so frickin talkative :p every one would be fed up of me :P :P :)