Most popular Games
The House 2
Slender The Nine P…
Slender Man 2D: Sa…
The Horror House
Slender Winter Edi…
Escape The House O…
Silent Hill Room 3…
Slenderman Must Di…
The Cursed Forest
Slender Mystery Fo…
Five Nights At Fre…
The Lost Souls
Slender Man 3D
Real Horror Storie…
Five Nights At Fre…
Welcome to DarkHorrorGames (DHG) Online Games
DarkHorrorGames is a website devoted only to horror online games. We don't care about zombies or monsters unless they bring in the atmosphere of pure evil and a sticky sense of blood and absolute horror. Online games will give you a glimpse at what older rated console games are like.
So, what does make a horror game scary?
Online horror games are slightly more popular now because they are severely underserved in the PC and games console world. Horror games are almost none existent, since most horror premises are co-opted into action games. Apparently, hunting down aliens or genetic mutations is no longer a subject for scary games, and is just used as an excuse for another action game. There have been some scary games in the past. Silent Hill 1 and 2 were frightening, as were the early Resident Evil games, with Resident Evil 4 winning all the prizes. Dead Space has its moments, as does Manhunt.
What is so scary about horror games?
With games like Manhunt, it is probably the sheer violence. With Slender (the 3D versions), it is the creepy feeling of being followed. With the Resident evil games, it is the silent arena that makes those scary moments more shocking. Plus, most of the Resident evil games put you against increasingly difficult foes with increasingly less ammo.
Silent hill 1 and 2 were the scariest, due in part to the difficult the handle controls, the feeling of isolation, the very scary noises and music, and the general lack of visibility. Other games have tried to recreate this by not allowing the user to see the floor, but it does not recreate what Silent Hill 1 and 2 managed to achieve.
Are scary online games hit or miss?
Yes they are. But, it always seems to be the ones that show you too much that are the biggest losers. Even with a point-and-click game, if you are only shown a quick flash of possible something, then it is better than the severed head in the paper basket. The popup scary pranks in the games are okay, but they become tired for the more hardcore horror gamer. It is the ones that tease you more that are the best, such as if you click on a photo to have a closer look, and you think you see the little girl in the picture blink.
WARNING: Some images in games on this website might be disturbing for you. Yet, there is no risk or personal/emotional investment, so if you see something that you don't like, simply close the window.
UPDATE: Due to the increased interest in the escape games I decided to initiate a new project entitled Cool Escape Games, which contains not only horror but also all other types of escape games, such as house, prison and room escape
Dark Horror Comments
- scary_kid commented on Don't Escape 2 - The Outbreak : Don't escape 3 is released :) can't wait to play :)
- scary_kid commented on 1916 Der Unbekannte Krieg : @serialzero it's happening to me all the time, but I'm ignoring it, I have a feeling that he has anemia xD
- Daedra commented on The Cursed Forest : i lived 54 minutes o.o just broke this game :D
- Daedra commented on Slenderman Daybreak : that was easy :o
- Daedra commented on Death Embrace 3 : rank grandmaster :D
- Daedra commented on Scare Dare - Abandoned House Escape : meh :O
- Daedra commented on Shadow Tag : this game is not okei but this is okei
- Vincent Bishop FNAF commented on I miss you : Well This game didn't get me XD.
- Vincent Bishop FNAF commented on The Crooked Man : Could you add Witch's house?It's also a nice RPG game.
- Vincent Bishop FNAF commented on Five Nights At Freddy's 3 : What about FNAF 4?
- Vincent Bishop FNAF commented on I miss you : Don't tell meh something will pop out from the screen.....
- Vincent Bishop FNAF commented on I miss you : Hmm seems similar to the House.
- Vincent Bishop FNAF commented on I miss you : Hi guys I am back.
- Daedra commented on The Last Door - Chapter 4 : wow :o
- Daedra commented on The Last Door - Chapter 3 : at last finisted that :D
- monster commented on ContinuousLY : Wow, nice game. ☺
- Scientist commented on Hotel 626 - The best horror game you're never going to play : I can feel the game was awesome...Sadly it isn't playable.R.I.P. horror game.
- scary_kid commented on Hotel 626 - The best horror game you're never going to play : o, I've played this game few years ago, I remember it, it was somewhere on the internet, the rulezz was you can't play it before 8pm , I'm so lucky I had the opportunity, it's a really cool game, too bad that could't be played any longer :/ that sucks
- dark commented on Hotel 626 - The best horror game you're never going to play : You can't play this game, anywhere. I thought it would be cool to give it a separate page.
- scary_kid commented on Anonymous Messages : O yeah, I won :))))))))
- scary_kid commented on Anonymous Messages : hmmm, it was okay but it's really difficult to avoid the trees, attacks from everywhere :/
- scary_kid commented on Real Slender : Not bad, it's a cool game but not the best Slender Game ;) anyway, I've enjoyed playing it =)
- Scientist commented on Slender The 8 Pages : Well here it is.If you play slender haunt or any good graphics slender game think of this one.I think it's 2013.This is where it all started and will continue after the FNAF franchise ends.Slender man will rule then i think.Good memories.★★★★★
- hamidcore commented on ContinuousLY : :S
- Scientist commented on Dark Corners : It is almost impossible to win.And i think this game could have been better...★★★★★
- Daedra commented on Ghostescape : old but good
- Daedra commented on Ghostscape 3D : ow i like it ;3
- dark commented on Neverending Nightmares : @scary_kid Onedrive does not allow public sharing at the moment. I will take care of this asap! sorry for the inconvenience
- gabrielawesome commented on Slender Space : pretty damn creepy!!
- gabrielawesome commented on Slender Space : it's good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!