Most popular Games
The House 2
Slender The Nine P…
Slender Man 2D: Sa…
The Horror House
Slender Winter Edi…
Escape The House O…
Silent Hill Room 3…
Slenderman Must Di…
The Cursed Forest
Five Nights At Fre…
Slender Mystery Fo…
The Lost Souls
Slender Man 3D
Real Horror Storie…
Five Nights At Fre…
Welcome to DarkHorrorGames (DHG) Online Games
DarkHorrorGames is a website devoted only to horror online games. We don't care about zombies or monsters unless they bring in the atmosphere of pure evil and a sticky sense of blood and absolute horror. Online games will give you a glimpse at what older rated console games are like.
So, what does make a horror game scary?
Online horror games are slightly more popular now because they are severely underserved in the PC and games console world. Horror games are almost none existent, since most horror premises are co-opted into action games. Apparently, hunting down aliens or genetic mutations is no longer a subject for scary games, and is just used as an excuse for another action game. There have been some scary games in the past. Silent Hill 1 and 2 were frightening, as were the early Resident Evil games, with Resident Evil 4 winning all the prizes. Dead Space has its moments, as does Manhunt.
What is so scary about horror games?
With games like Manhunt, it is probably the sheer violence. With Slender (the 3D versions), it is the creepy feeling of being followed. With the Resident evil games, it is the silent arena that makes those scary moments more shocking. Plus, most of the Resident evil games put you against increasingly difficult foes with increasingly less ammo.
Silent hill 1 and 2 were the scariest, due in part to the difficult the handle controls, the feeling of isolation, the very scary noises and music, and the general lack of visibility. Other games have tried to recreate this by not allowing the user to see the floor, but it does not recreate what Silent Hill 1 and 2 managed to achieve.
Are scary online games hit or miss?
Yes they are. But, it always seems to be the ones that show you too much that are the biggest losers. Even with a point-and-click game, if you are only shown a quick flash of possible something, then it is better than the severed head in the paper basket. The popup scary pranks in the games are okay, but they become tired for the more hardcore horror gamer. It is the ones that tease you more that are the best, such as if you click on a photo to have a closer look, and you think you see the little girl in the picture blink.
WARNING: Some images in games on this website might be disturbing for you. Yet, there is no risk or personal/emotional investment, so if you see something that you don't like, simply close the window.
UPDATE: Due to the increased interest in the escape games I decided to initiate a new project entitled Cool Escape Games, which contains not only horror but also all other types of escape games, such as house, prison and room escape
Dark Horror Comments
- scary_kid commented on Evil Doll : sorry,my bad :D with arrow keys :D
- scary_kid commented on Evil Doll : @PockyPanic with W, A, S, D :D
- scary_kid commented on Black Rose : One of my favourite games, it's jumpy, you never know when she's gonna pop out :D and it's really fast, if you wanna survive-of course :D
- PockyPanic commented on Unrested Souls : Scared to play, but I don't wanna be a wussy
- scary_kid commented on Five Nights At Warrio's : not bad, not bad, but I'm a bit sick and tired of FNAF "clones" ... :/
- scary_kid commented on Five Nights At Freddy's 2 - Online Version : Works fine! it's cool to play it online for a change :D
- Scientist commented on Five Nights At Warrio's : Oh i know this game.It's-a-fnarw, i knew about the first and second game but at the third one i stopped following the series. I played this game a few months ago it's a good challenge.★★★★★
- PockyPanic commented on Evil Doll : Uh.... how do I move?
- Scientist commented on Five Nights At Freddy's 2 - Online Version : This Works awesomely! People who wanted to play this without downloading stuff will love this.★★★★★
- dark commented on Five Nights At Warrio's : let me know what you think about this game, whether it's worth adding parts 2 and 3.
- romantic_gothx commented on Hotel 626 - The best horror game you're never going to play : awwww why mock us!! LOL but seryusly plz,plz,plz find a way 2 get da fudging game bck becoz I wanna c how its like maybe send a download link to my E-mail or something?
- Creepyalex commented on Hotel 626 - The best horror game you're never going to play : Let's hope they bring it back. It sure look interesting and does have some unique twists in it.
- Scientist commented on Vapour: Borders of Purgatory - prototype 2 : I am a bit confused...So is this just a prototype and not the full version? I am confused cause i saw this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HiaJnMG_9s but if that's the case it is worth playing.★★★★★
- Vampire commented on Slenderman Must Die: Dead Space : still old...and good!
- serialzero commented on Afraid Of Dark : Oh, wow. This guy used one of the same free paint programs I use for fun. Rock on!
- serialzero commented on ContinuousLY : @Vampire: Yes, the game lagged really badly for me too. I ended up quitting because it was getting to be more tedious than fun. XP
- Scientist commented on Five Nights At Freddy's 1 - Online Remake : Ok i updated my flash player and it works greatly!I expected glitches or control freezing etc. But it worked perfectly.★★★★★
- Vampire commented on ContinuousLY : any1 got small lagging problems?
- romantic_gothx commented on The Crooked Man : awesome game!! <3 :* x love it thanks 4 addin it 2 da site xx
- romantic_gothx commented on Five Nights At Freddy's 1 (PC game) : great game but its kinda hard :P x
- romantic_gothx commented on Neverending Nightmares : i guess i will just curl into a ball and cry :'( lol
- romantic_gothx commented on Neverending Nightmares : and if I go on other sites I have to buy the game and I can't because a) I'm too young for a credit card and b) My parents would never agree to buy it for me :(
- romantic_gothx commented on Neverending Nightmares : :( not downloading :(
- romantic_gothx commented on Dungeon Nightmares : omfg I cnt sleep anymore thanks a lot (!)
- romantic_gothx commented on Slender The Nine Pages : really cool and realistic x
- Creepyalex commented on Five Nights At Freddy's 1 - Online Remake : Works great! :D
- Vampire commented on Slender The 8 Pages : cool.
- Vampire commented on Hotel 626 - The best horror game you're never going to play : deadly game.
- Vampire commented on Afraid Of Dark : thumbs up#
- Vampire commented on Five Nights At Freddy's 1 - Online Remake : nice