Most popular Games
The House 2
Slender The Nine P…
The Horror House
Slender Man 2D: Sa…
Slender Winter Edi…
Escape The House O…
Silent Hill Room 3…
Slenderman Must Di…
The Cursed Forest
Slender Mystery Fo…
Five Nights At Fre…
The Lost Souls
Real Horror Storie…
Slender Man 3D
Five Nights At Fre…
Slender The 8 Page…
Welcome to DarkHorrorGames (DHG) Online Games
DarkHorrorGames is a website devoted only to horror online games. We don't care about zombies or monsters unless they bring in the atmosphere of pure evil and a sticky sense of blood and absolute horror. Online games will give you a glimpse at what older rated console games are like.
So, what does make a horror game scary?
Online horror games are slightly more popular now because they are severely underserved in the PC and games console world. Horror games are almost none existent, since most horror premises are co-opted into action games. Apparently, hunting down aliens or genetic mutations is no longer a subject for scary games, and is just used as an excuse for another action game. There have been some scary games in the past. Silent Hill 1 and 2 were frightening, as were the early Resident Evil games, with Resident Evil 4 winning all the prizes. Dead Space has its moments, as does Manhunt.
What is so scary about horror games?
With games like Manhunt, it is probably the sheer violence. With Slender (the 3D versions), it is the creepy feeling of being followed. With the Resident evil games, it is the silent arena that makes those scary moments more shocking. Plus, most of the Resident evil games put you against increasingly difficult foes with increasingly less ammo.
Silent hill 1 and 2 were the scariest, due in part to the difficult the handle controls, the feeling of isolation, the very scary noises and music, and the general lack of visibility. Other games have tried to recreate this by not allowing the user to see the floor, but it does not recreate what Silent Hill 1 and 2 managed to achieve.
Are scary online games hit or miss?
Yes they are. But, it always seems to be the ones that show you too much that are the biggest losers. Even with a point-and-click game, if you are only shown a quick flash of possible something, then it is better than the severed head in the paper basket. The popup scary pranks in the games are okay, but they become tired for the more hardcore horror gamer. It is the ones that tease you more that are the best, such as if you click on a photo to have a closer look, and you think you see the little girl in the picture blink.
WARNING: Some images in games on this website might be disturbing for you. Yet, there is no risk or personal/emotional investment, so if you see something that you don't like, simply close the window.
UPDATE: Due to the increased interest in the escape games I decided to initiate a new project entitled Cool Escape Games, which contains not only horror but also all other types of escape games, such as house, prison and room escape
Dark Horror Comments
- cordelia commented on Curse Village Defense : Those zombies are persistent, man! :P
- scary_kid commented on Curse Village Defense : I'm a zombie killer :) Favourite weapon - ain't matter, I will break their neck with my bare hands :D can't wait for the real zombie apocalypse, who's with me ? :D
- Scientist commented on Udom Nebdon : @cordelia idk why but i actually enjoyed the controls... i recommend tank controls if you know how to play DOOM 1 or 2 with the keyboard (without mouse support).
- cordelia commented on Curse Village Defense : Great game, super fun!
- cordelia commented on Five Nights At Warrio's : Ha this is hysterical! :D Not sure if it's meant to be, but I enjoyed it all the same.
- cordelia commented on Udom Nebdon : Gah, these controls! XP
- cordelia commented on Udom Nebdon : Nicely made, I think. :)
- kaushik00001 commented on Exmortis 2 : Hmm.
- kaushik00001 commented on Undead Isle : you all players do you want to make friendship
- HellaRadKawaiiCat commented on Forgotten Hill - Spiders Attack Point And Click : Pretty good game actually. Loved the spider theme.
- cordelia commented on The Last Door - Prologue : Not much to do, but I guess that makes sense for a trailer/prologue.
- HellaRadKawaiiCat commented on Alice Is Dead - Horror Flash Game By Hyptosis - Part 1 : This will always be one of my favorite games tbh
- cordelia commented on The Last Door - Chapter 3 : Love it! Off to play the others. :)
- ClaryWantsToSeeBlood commented on The Horror House : meh
- scary_kid commented on Five Nights At Freddy's 4 - Online Scratch : huh, It seems it's broken again well, at least I survived 3 nights :D
- kaushik00001 commented on Midnight Man 3D : Its Easy Game To play
- kaushik00001 commented on Black Rose : Nice Game...
- kaushik00001 commented on The Lost Souls : Nice Game But too short
- kaushik00001 commented on Undead Isle : I totally Completed This game !!
- kaushik00001 commented on Undead Isle : Nice Game !!
- cordelia commented on Shadow Tag : Haha I love the face he makes at the end, reminds me of Coraline.
- cordelia commented on Shadow Tag : Brilliant game! :D
- kaushik00001 commented on I miss you 2 : Noob game !
- kaushik00001 commented on Curse Village Defense : Hmmm Nice game !
- kaushik00001 commented on The Deepest Sleep : I think !! Nice Game !!
- kaushik00001 commented on The Deepest Sleep : ????? What is This !!
- kaushik00001 commented on Scare Dare - Abandoned House Escape : Noob Game !!
- kaushik00001 commented on The Lost Souls : lol
- kaushik00001 commented on Anonymous Messages : Ohh man
- kaushik00001 commented on Anonymous Messages : Its So hard To Play But I like It !