Most Popular Horror Games
The House 2
Slender The Nine P…
Slender The 8 Page…
The Horror House
Slender Man 2D: Sa…
Escape The House O…
Silent Hill Room 3…
Slender Winter Edi…
The Cursed Forest
Slenderman Must Di…
Slender The Arriva…
The Lost Souls
Five Nights At Fre…
Slender Mystery Fo…
Real Horror Storie…
Five Nights At Fre…
Welcome to DarkHorrorGames (DHG) Online Games
DarkHorrorGames is a website devoted only to horror online games. We don't care about zombies or monsters unless they bring in the atmosphere of pure evil and a sticky sense of blood and absolute horror. Online games will give you a glimpse at what older rated console games are like.
So, what does make a horror game scary?
Online horror games are slightly more popular now because they are severely underserved in the PC and games console world. Horror games are almost none existent, since most horror premises are co-opted into action games. Apparently, hunting down aliens or genetic mutations is no longer a subject for scary games, and is just used as an excuse for another action game. There have been some scary games in the past. Silent Hill 1 and 2 were frightening, as were the early Resident Evil games, with Resident Evil 4 winning all the prizes. Dead Space has its moments, as does Manhunt.
What is so scary about horror games?
With games like Manhunt, it is probably the sheer violence. With Slender (the 3D versions), it is the creepy feeling of being followed. With the Resident evil games, it is the silent arena that makes those scary moments more shocking. Plus, most of the Resident evil games put you against increasingly difficult foes with increasingly less ammo.
Silent hill 1 and 2 were the scariest, due in part to the difficult the handle controls, the feeling of isolation, the very scary noises and music, and the general lack of visibility. Other games have tried to recreate this by not allowing the user to see the floor, but it does not recreate what Silent Hill 1 and 2 managed to achieve.
Are scary online games hit or miss?
Yes they are. But, it always seems to be the ones that show you too much that are the biggest losers. Even with a point-and-click game, if you are only shown a quick flash of possible something, then it is better than the severed head in the paper basket. The popup scary pranks in the games are okay, but they become tired for the more hardcore horror gamer. It is the ones that tease you more that are the best, such as if you click on a photo to have a closer look, and you think you see the little girl in the picture blink.
WARNING: Some images in games on this website might be disturbing for you. Yet, there is no risk or personal/emotional investment, so if you see something that you don't like, simply close the window.
UPDATE: Due to the increased interest in the escape games I decided to initiate a new project entitled Cool Escape Games, which contains not only horror but also all other types of escape games, such as house, prison and room escape
Dark Horror Comments
- Lithium commented on The Last Stand - Aim Shoot and Kill : Cool game but hard enough
- Lithium commented on Ask The Spirits 2 - Don't Mess With The Dead : Good & funny game!
- Lithium commented on Slendrina Must Die - The Cellar : Really hard game!
- Lithium commented on The Horror House : Really boring ...
- bestfriend0219 commented on Hotel 626 - The best horror game you're never going to play : how to play this game ? san pipindutin ?
- Angie Boriscia commented on Ask The Spirits 2 - Don't Mess With The Dead : that shit scared, i was playing this game at 8:08 pm. it knew i was playing at 8:08 pm wth
- Jale Woods commented on Nightmares of Leia Ray - Afterlife Experience : only 4 scenes, seriously? Short, not scary and story hasn`t been explained. art was pretty good, but I think it`s not enough to call the game cool.
- ibeameh commented on Toybox - Creepy Puzzles : some of these are like how would anyone think to do that...
- darkdros221 commented on Slender Man 2D: Sanatorium : eh its ok *not really*
- Dark_Mistress_6666 commented on Desolation - Stages Of Anxiety : HALP I CANT GET PAST EM
- AprilONeil commented on Cube Escape Theatre - The scariest theatre you've been to : God, these games are so spooky and awesome.
- GrEEk commented on Five Nights At Candy's Online 1 - FNAC Horror At Burgeria : i cant see nothing when i openm the cameras
- Paine commented on The House 2 : why isn't it loading
- mishimazeus commented on The Hood - Episode 1: Horror Fantasy : Hi im back Guys What The Newest Horror Now i just login now
- Made.By.Lucifer commented on The Horror House : Pretty fkn lit!
- Diamond Dazzle Tiara commented on Exmortis 3 Free Edition : Another exmortis game xP
- darkdros221 commented on The Hood - Episode 1: Horror Fantasy : awesome
- dark commented on Five Nights At Freddy's: Sister Location : got it fixed it again. will work this time.
- dark commented on Exmortis 3 Free Edition : full version is not free. this is demo, so you can get a hang of it.
- GrEEk commented on House Pixel Art Horror Game : my dark mind i guess..killing my sister wasnt a great idea after all :P
- GrEEk commented on House Pixel Art Horror Game : awwwww thats the cutest little horror game i have ever seen..<3 at first i thought you should kill everyone but that endindg is just sweet :3
- ZomboDash commented on Mutant Uprising - RPG Text Based Mutant Survival Test : Me:Mutant uprising,text game.seems cool. My first thought when i saw the game:TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES
- ZomboDash commented on The Grudge : I get into the game.It's preety spoopy.i go to the bathroom-of the game-.i hear the sound from the movie. Me:WHO'S FARTING?maybe it's mom.probably she has diharreia
- ZomboDash commented on The Intruder - Point And Click Multichoice Thriller : WATCH YOUR BACK FOR THE CRAZED BUTT-STABBER!
- ZomboDash commented on Forgotten Hill Surgery - Run Away : the flies in the toilet made me scream
- ZomboDash commented on Forgotten Hill Surgery - Run Away : it's spoopy scary skeletons sending chillers down your spine
- rebeccabridget commented on Factory Of Fear - Another Horror House Walkthrough : wasn't that bad just needs minor improvements
- rebeccabridget commented on I miss you : it was ok
- Scientist commented on Slendrina Must Die - The Cellar : The game has some movement glitches, the character would just go randomly. But it was still playable... I guess everything is playable after playing Hellrasier. I'm giving it a 8/10
- darkdros221 commented on Forgotten Hill Surgery - Run Away : its not scary just a little creepy