Most popular Games
Slender The Nine P…
The House 2
The Slenderman Onl…
Escape The House O…
Slender Man 2D: Sa…
Silent Hill Room 3…
The Horror House
The Lost Souls
Real Horror Storie…
Slender Man 3D
Slender Winter Edi…
Slenderman Must Di…
Death Embrace Esca…
Slender Mystery Fo…
Welcome to DarkHorrorGames (DHG) Online Games
DarkHorrorGames is a website devoted only to horror online games. We don't care about zombies or monsters unless they bring in the atmosphere of pure evil and a sticky sense of blood and absolute horror. Online games will give you a glimpse at what older rated console games are like.
So, what does make a horror game scary?
Online horror games are slightly more popular now because they are severely underserved in the PC and games console world. Horror games are almost none existent, since most horror premises are co-opted into action games. Apparently, hunting down aliens or genetic mutations is no longer a subject for scary games, and is just used as an excuse for another action game. There have been some scary games in the past. Silent Hill 1 and 2 were frightening, as were the early Resident Evil games, with Resident Evil 4 winning all the prizes. Dead Space has its moments, as does Manhunt.
What is so scary about horror games?
With games like Manhunt, it is probably the sheer violence. With Slender (the 3D versions), it is the creepy feeling of being followed. With the Resident evil games, it is the silent arena that makes those scary moments more shocking. Plus, most of the Resident evil games put you against increasingly difficult foes with increasingly less ammo.
Silent hill 1 and 2 were the scariest, due in part to the difficult the handle controls, the feeling of isolation, the very scary noises and music, and the general lack of visibility. Other games have tried to recreate this by not allowing the user to see the floor, but it does not recreate what Silent Hill 1 and 2 managed to achieve.
Are scary online games hit or miss?
Yes they are. But, it always seems to be the ones that show you too much that are the biggest losers. Even with a point-and-click game, if you are only shown a quick flash of possible something, then it is better than the severed head in the paper basket. The popup scary pranks in the games are okay, but they become tired for the more hardcore horror gamer. It is the ones that tease you more that are the best, such as if you click on a photo to have a closer look, and you think you see the little girl in the picture blink.
WARNING: Some images in games on this website might be disturbing for you. Yet, there is no risk or personal/emotional investment, so if you see something that you don't like, simply close the window.
UPDATE: Due to the increased interest in the escape games I decided to initiate a new project entitled Cool Escape Games, which contains not only horror but also all other types of escape games, such as house, prison and room escape
Dark Horror Comments
- Lord Legender commented on The House 2 : im stuck in the living room
- cute_but_scary commented on Kill Slender 2D : YAY!!!!!!!!!! i am first to comment on this game
- cute_but_scary commented on Slender Man 2D: Sanatorium : i doubt that the person in this games thumbnail is pewdiepie :p
- Allondra22 commented on Slender The Nine Pages : X3 I was playing this at school and everyone watching was freaked out. When I met slendy on this they screamed and I laughed and was just all like hai slendy :3
- Allondra22 commented on Slendytubbies 2 : It wont work for me I dunno why it just says ERROR :( I really wanna play I beat slendy tubbies already :I
- Lord Legender commented on Evil Doll : if you fast footsteps, dont panic, walk into a room, or your screwed
- Lord Legender commented on Evil Doll : anyone else notice it says "use headphone" instead of "use headphones".
- Lord Legender commented on Evil Doll : btw sammycat, i did the same thing and died
- Lord Legender commented on Evil Doll : this game is actually a bit hard
- Lord Legender commented on Being One : when i click open vat, a flash of light happens but it doesnt open
- Lord Legender commented on Being One : cant even open the vat door, did the steps, there should also be a menu that can pause and take you back to the home page.
- RaisaAlim commented on Catharsis : I love the theme song of the menu.
- RaisaAlim commented on Catharsis : The sound made me scare.
- cute_but_scary commented on Slender The Nine Pages : markiplier was going to die :P
- cute_but_scary commented on Slender The Nine Pages : best slender game i love it :)
- morsemaddison9 commented on Darker Ride Escape : walkthrough wont open. sucks :(
- cute_but_scary commented on The Mine : whenever i run this game unity player crashes (ughhhh)
- cute_but_scary commented on Unholy Flesh : wierd
- cute_but_scary commented on Sinthai Helloween : THEM JUMPSCARES !!!!!!!!! X)
- cute_but_scary commented on Phobia - Teaser : nice game (waiting for full version)
- cute_but_scary commented on Real Horror Stories : for best playing results use headphones, turn off the lights and ENJOY
- cute_but_scary commented on The Horror House : the corridor was scary as hell !!!!!!!!!!!
- cute_but_scary commented on The Horror House : omg!!! oo -
- cute_but_scary commented on The House 2 : scary!!
- dark commented on Slendytubbies 2 : like half of the games are made in Unity. Just go to http://unity3d.com/webplayer and download installation for windows. it should be easy
- cute_but_scary commented on Slender Bones Of Children 2 : WARNING!!!!! HEADPHONE USERS MIGHT GET HEART ATTACK OR PANIC DEATH (their ears might come out of body, scream and stick again )
- cute_but_scary commented on Eyes : *thats in my key board, sometimes its hard to press "S" key
- cute_but_scary commented on Slender Bones Of Children 2 : when he caught me .................................i felt like OMG!!.and when the game started that ghostly sound made me think that if the beginning is so scary so what will be inside the game the game :p
- Silent Killer commented on Slendytubbies 2 : I can't play this one, I have to install the unity web player first :(
- Silent Killer commented on Killer Escape 3 : You should play this!