Most popular Games
Slender The Nine P…
The House 2
The Slenderman Onl…
Silent Hill Room 3…
Slender Man 2D: Sa…
Escape The House O…
The Horror House
The Lost Souls
Real Horror Storie…
Slender Man 3D
Death Embrace Esca…
Secret of Mystery …
Slender Mystery Fo…
Welcome to DarkHorrorGames (DHG) Online Games
DarkHorrorGames is a website devoted only to horror online games. We don't care about zombies or monsters unless they bring in the atmosphere of pure evil and a sticky sense of blood and absolute horror. Online games will give you a glimpse at what older rated console games are like.
So, what does make a horror game scary?
Online horror games are slightly more popular now because they are severely underserved in the PC and games console world. Horror games are almost none existent, since most horror premises are co-opted into action games. Apparently, hunting down aliens or genetic mutations is no longer a subject for scary games, and is just used as an excuse for another action game. There have been some scary games in the past. Silent Hill 1 and 2 were frightening, as were the early Resident Evil games, with Resident Evil 4 winning all the prizes. Dead Space has its moments, as does Manhunt.
What is so scary about horror games?
With games like Manhunt, it is probably the sheer violence. With Slender (the 3D versions), it is the creepy feeling of being followed. With the Resident evil games, it is the silent arena that makes those scary moments more shocking. Plus, most of the Resident evil games put you against increasingly difficult foes with increasingly less ammo.
Silent hill 1 and 2 were the scariest, due in part to the difficult the handle controls, the feeling of isolation, the very scary noises and music, and the general lack of visibility. Other games have tried to recreate this by not allowing the user to see the floor, but it does not recreate what Silent Hill 1 and 2 managed to achieve.
Are scary online games hit or miss?
Yes they are. But, it always seems to be the ones that show you too much that are the biggest losers. Even with a point-and-click game, if you are only shown a quick flash of possible something, then it is better than the severed head in the paper basket. The popup scary pranks in the games are okay, but they become tired for the more hardcore horror gamer. It is the ones that tease you more that are the best, such as if you click on a photo to have a closer look, and you think you see the little girl in the picture blink.
WARNING: Some images in games on this website might be disturbing for you. Yet, there is no risk or personal/emotional investment, so if you see something that you don't like, simply close the window.
UPDATE: Due to the increased interest in the escape games I decided to initiate a new project entitled Cool Escape Games, which contains not only horror but also all other types of escape games, such as house, prison and room escape
Dark Horror Comments
- Creepyalex commented on The Deepest Sleep : Awesome! Good story and amazing ending, even if it's pixelated, I recommend it. It was a great play.
- HellaRadKawaiiCat commented on The Insanity 2 : it takes 5ever to load for me and idk why. ;-;
- HellaRadKawaiiCat commented on Exmortis 2 : brilliant
- z0mb13t0x1n commented on Undead Isle : I rather enjoyed this game, it runs smooth, decent ammo, monsters to always keep you on your toes, first time I seen those giant scorpions I was like WTH!! lol but this is one of my favorites to play on this site.
- HellaRadKawaiiCat commented on Cellar Door : takes a while to load but definitely worth playing uwu
- HellaRadKawaiiCat commented on Being One : 4 minutes and 25 seconds man
- z0mb13t0x1n commented on The Horror House : It was alright, when I first played it ages ago it game me jumps but that's not the case now since I am so used to it. Lol
- z0mb13t0x1n commented on Shadow Tag : Might had been better if when they spotted you, that you had a way to run and not just walk like a snail, that kind of ruined it for me.
- RaisaAlim commented on Black Rose : Have you noticed that in the snapshot and in the title picture the woman doesn't seem so scary.But in the game she is different and scary.
- rinapew commented on Sinthai Helloween : wowww scaryy~~~ sounds creepy
- Masterblaster12 commented on Real Horror Stories : fuck its so creepy
- Masterblaster12 commented on Killer Escape 2: The Surgery : hardest ever
- Masterblaster12 commented on Killer Escape : nice game very hard, i felt thet my heart stopped when dead body fall down my god
- Masterblaster12 commented on The Horror House : 4 of 5 too many clicks
- RaisaAlim commented on Black Rose : Game over!
- RaisaAlim commented on Black Rose : OH MY!VERY SCARY!!!!
- RaisaAlim commented on The Grudge : A little bit scary.
- So_Dope commented on Slendytubbies : The Faces Really Get To Me HaHa
- Creepyalex commented on The Mine : Not bad! Altough, the monsters don't really freeze when you throw the red light at them, they seem to just slow down, but it still gives enough time to actually save yourself. I only managed 20 meters until they decided to tore my flesh apart :D I will definitely play more, because this game is cool!
- Masterblaster12 commented on The Grudge : i dont like games where you have to think too much
- Masterblaster12 commented on Killer Escape 2: The Surgery : its a fucking brain teaser
- RaisaAlim commented on Shadow Tag : Funny.
- Masterblaster12 commented on Slenderman Must Die : Best horror game i have ever played
- RaisaAlim commented on The House 2 : Don't play this game at night with headphones.
- RaisaAlim commented on The House 2 : OH my!It scared me !
- RaisaAlim commented on Slender Man 2D: Sanatorium : Is that Pewds?
- Akuji27 commented on Silent Hill Room 304 : This game is bit hard, where's the key?
- Akuji27 commented on Escape The House Of Fear : This game is good but it needs more scary to make this game as a popular
- RaisaAlim commented on Eyes : oh my! it is some sort of scary.
- haru994 commented on The Horror House : Gave me the scares in each room!