Most popular Games
Slender The Nine P…
The House 2
The Slenderman Onl…
Escape The House O…
Slender Man 2D: Sa…
Silent Hill Room 3…
The Horror House
The Lost Souls
Real Horror Storie…
Slender Man 3D
Death Embrace Esca…
Slender Winter Edi…
Slender Mystery Fo…
Secret of Mystery …
Welcome to DarkHorrorGames (DHG) Online Games
DarkHorrorGames is a website devoted only to horror online games. We don't care about zombies or monsters unless they bring in the atmosphere of pure evil and a sticky sense of blood and absolute horror. Online games will give you a glimpse at what older rated console games are like.
So, what does make a horror game scary?
Online horror games are slightly more popular now because they are severely underserved in the PC and games console world. Horror games are almost none existent, since most horror premises are co-opted into action games. Apparently, hunting down aliens or genetic mutations is no longer a subject for scary games, and is just used as an excuse for another action game. There have been some scary games in the past. Silent Hill 1 and 2 were frightening, as were the early Resident Evil games, with Resident Evil 4 winning all the prizes. Dead Space has its moments, as does Manhunt.
What is so scary about horror games?
With games like Manhunt, it is probably the sheer violence. With Slender (the 3D versions), it is the creepy feeling of being followed. With the Resident evil games, it is the silent arena that makes those scary moments more shocking. Plus, most of the Resident evil games put you against increasingly difficult foes with increasingly less ammo.
Silent hill 1 and 2 were the scariest, due in part to the difficult the handle controls, the feeling of isolation, the very scary noises and music, and the general lack of visibility. Other games have tried to recreate this by not allowing the user to see the floor, but it does not recreate what Silent Hill 1 and 2 managed to achieve.
Are scary online games hit or miss?
Yes they are. But, it always seems to be the ones that show you too much that are the biggest losers. Even with a point-and-click game, if you are only shown a quick flash of possible something, then it is better than the severed head in the paper basket. The popup scary pranks in the games are okay, but they become tired for the more hardcore horror gamer. It is the ones that tease you more that are the best, such as if you click on a photo to have a closer look, and you think you see the little girl in the picture blink.
WARNING: Some images in games on this website might be disturbing for you. Yet, there is no risk or personal/emotional investment, so if you see something that you don't like, simply close the window.
UPDATE: Due to the increased interest in the escape games I decided to initiate a new project entitled Cool Escape Games, which contains not only horror but also all other types of escape games, such as house, prison and room escape
Dark Horror Comments
- scarygamergal11 commented on Black Rose : never mind it blocked unity
- scarygamergal11 commented on Black Rose : i cant play the screen is just...black
- RaisaAlim commented on Shadow Tag : zOmb13tox1n,you're right.
- cute_but_scary commented on Catharsis : cool :p
- cute_but_scary commented on Eyes : i love this game
- AlelaGrora commented on Eyes : Awesome...i guess
- KiraFalcon commented on Eyes : haiiii
- RaisaAlim commented on Dungeon Nightmares : It's not working for my weaker internet connection.
- scarygamergal11 commented on Catharsis : awesome its scary! I love me some scary stuff!!!
- RaisaAlim commented on Eyes : MINERNOLAN,glicth36,Creepyalex all of you are right.The monster is VERY unexpected.It's a great game.But they should change the monster.
- RaisaAlim commented on Slender Space : This game is creepy but scary.
- Entire_Skys commented on Black Rose : Awesome game! :) I love how it involved a basement!
- Entire_Skys commented on Slenderman Daybreak : I like it lol I would love a sensitivity option and fullscreen is messed up :)
- omaryoussef377 commented on The Grudge : after i watched the gameplay below am glad i didnt play it lol
- omaryoussef377 commented on Slender Man 2D: Sanatorium : really bad game..scary but bad :/
- omaryoussef377 commented on The Deepest Sleep : omg ! i rated 5 stars .. this game is so much scary even i was playing in light room
- omaryoussef377 commented on Silent Hill Room 304 : where is the walkthrough ??!
- omaryoussef377 commented on Silent Hill Room 304 : this game isnt so good and i cant find the key :/
- omaryoussef377 commented on Silent Hill Room 304 : aaa.. guys where is the key ???
- HellaRadKawaiiCat commented on Catharsis : Besides the issues with the hands this game is awesome. :o
- SammyCat commented on Evil Doll : I COMPLEATED THE GAME!!!!!!I JUST STAYED IN THE ROOM AND DID NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Allyptuaxxx commented on Killer Escape : this is game pretty fun to play it can be real scary with that dude without no eyes, being a serial killer pretty scary but its just a game
- Allyptuaxxx commented on The House 2 : whats the code for the safe room? anyone
- Allyptuaxxx commented on The House 2 : im playing with my headphones on and im not scared
- Allyptuaxxx commented on The Lost Souls : omg this game is soo scary
- RaisaAlim commented on The Deepest Sleep : I really Love this game.
- Creepyalex commented on Catharsis : Not bad! However, I find it a bit difficult to use my hands XD other than that it's a nice game. Freaked me out a bit, actually!
- RaisaAlim commented on Black Rose : I've locked her in the coffin and I ran.But I couldn't open the door.She looked at me. The game is over!
- Entire_Skys commented on The Deepest Sleep : Amazing Dark! :)
- Entire_Skys commented on Catharsis : It's ok lol glitchy and confusing haha but pretty good :)